I am slowly stepping back into the world and catching up on what is going on in everyone else’s lives. With all of that said, I realized I have not posted an update on LJ. So here it is, short and sweet.
- Her AFP count is 6.8. This is MAJOR because it’s the first time it’s been normal (under 8 is normal).
- Her hearing test came back normal.
- Her MRI showed a spot where her tumor sat. Because the AFP is normal, they suspect its scar tissue or inflammation.
- Her broviac comes out August 31! She gets to swim before it gets too cold!
- She goes in for a chest X-ray in a month. This is to see if her lungs developed any side effects due to the chemo.
- She goes back for a MRI in 3 months to check the spot again.
A lot of good things are happening in her life. I know it’s cliche to say, but life is short. I feel like I’m waking up from being in a coma. A lot has changed since I felt like I had a “normal” life. When Lucy was first in the hospital, there was ice on the ground. She is getting her broviac out during football season. I’m not sure what happened between then and now except hospital visits.
Now that she is healthy, I have a new prospective on the brevity of life.